• To work towards a holistic and futuristic development of the small community based decentralized village economy.
• To develop and demonstrate appropriate rural technologies which are ecologically sound, economically viable and socially just.
• To develop the villages and arrest the erosion of its talents by promoting rural non-farm activities.
• To promote interaction between S & T Labs & village mud huts, to enable the scientists to interact with the rural realities and learn from the accumulated knowledge in the village tradition.
• To provide a forum to rural innovation with specialists and experts in science and technology, to provide them with necessary S & T inputs to optimize their innovated processes and products.
• To collect and document scientific and technological information for rural areas, by establishing a good database and information system and disseminate the same through publications.
• To undertake adaptive R & D to
o Mould the available technology according to the local condition and skill level and
o Train people who could take it to the villages.
Since last three decades CSV is working on Rural Technologies, specially doing
• Field Trials
• Field Extension
• Publications &
• Policy Intervention