This scheme under SEED programmes is essentially to provide long term core support
to Science based Voluntary Organizations/field institutions to promote and nurture
them as “S&T Incubators” / “Active Field Laboratories” in rural and other disadvantaged
areas to work and provide technological solutions and effective delivery of technologies
for livelihood generation & societal benefits.
Eligibility Conditions & Selection Mechanism:
- Focus to support for innovation (i.e. technology evelopment/adaptation) & working
technology system with multiplication.
- Long-term Action Research Programmes with defined goals for development, field testing
and adoption of appropriate technologies to address location specific needs rather
than “institutional support”..
- Focus sharply on demonstrable replicability and enterprise models: shift to non
farm and service sectors.
- Especially to support core S&T manpower otherwise difficult to retain in grassroot
- Strengthen a network of S&T capable organizations in the country for application
and propagation of appropriate technologies to address location-specific user needs
through participatory approach.
Funding of Projects :
- Organizations with minimum 10 years field level experience in rural technology development
and management with proven capability of delivering technology model(s) through
adaptive R & D for field level application.
- Having minimum infrastructure to work as core supported group (CSG), like land and
demonstrate working relations with Panchayats/State Govt. from long-term sustainability
point of view.
The organization should have experience in handling projects having focus on S &T
with support from scientific departments of Govt. of India.
- Selection is based on initial scrutiny at the department level/presentation of proposal
before the expert committee (1st level of screening). Based on the recommendation
of the expert committee, proposal is further evaluated (2nd level of screening)
by a on-site evaluation by expert team to assess need, capability and delivery potential
of the organization for proposed programme/activities. After on the spot evaluation,
the proposal along with assessment report of the visiting expert team is examined
by the expert committee for final recommendation
If approved, core funding is provided initially for a period of five to ten years
subject to periodic review which may be extendable upto fifteen years and more.
Submission of Application:
Separate format may be obtained (ensuring the fulfillment of above mentioned eligibility
criterion) on a request to
Shri. Chander Mohan
Head /Scientist G
Science for Equity, Empowerment & Development (SEED) Division
Department of Science & Technology
New Mehruali Road, New Delhi - 110016