Society for Environment and Development (SED) is a leading voluntary organization working in the field of Environment and Sustainable Development since 1993. It was registered under the Society’s Registration Act, FCRA of Ministry of Home Affairs and Income Tax Department.
SED has developed Gramin Vigyan Kendra in village Digod of Kota district in Rajasthan to undertake following activities.
Sustainable agriculture & horticulture
- Organic farming.
- Developing cost-effective and eco-friendly integrated pest management (IPM) technologies.
- Enhancing the yield of crops by optimising inputs and using agro-tools.
- Exploring strategies for alternative uses of crops and value addition to agro-products.
- Developing nursery for fruits and medicinal plants.
Enhancing livestock productivity & animal husbandry
- Taking measures for improvement in breeds of livestock for better productivity.
- Developing low-cost, nutrient rich feed and feed supplement.
- Improving housing for hygienic condition.
- Checking health and proper vaccination, pre & post natal care etc.
- Popularising small animals for rearing such as goat, rabbit, pig & hens.
- Training and capacity building of women and youth in pottery, weaving of Kota doria fabric, food processing, bakery, cloth & paper bags making etc.
- Providing micro-credit and forming self-help groups (SHG's) of trained manpower to establish micro enterprise in rural areas.
Ensuring survival of the weakest in the community.
Upliftment of the underprivileged sections of the society in synergy with environment & natural resources for sustainable development.
Sustainable Agriculture, Livelihoods generation, Combating Desertification, Sustainable Soil Management, Renewable Energy, Water conservation, Biodiversity Conservation, Climate Adaptation, Pollution Control etc.
The SED believes in partnership for development and developed partnership with number of Central & State Government Departments, International Funding organisations and UN Agencies like UNDP, GEF, ECOSOC etc. The SED has been serving as Regional Focal Point (RFP) for South Asia of GEF-CSO Network (GCN) of Global Environment Facility (GEF) for 4 years and recently got transferred GCN Secretariat from Malaysia to India (New Delhi).
The SED headquartered at Delhi and spread activities mainly in northern states of Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chandigarh and Jammu & Kashmir.